ManTech Goes Green
ManTech is committed to environmental stewardship as a responsible citizen and leader in the community. We believe we must do what we can to carry out business with minimum environmental impact. To achieve that goal, we adopted programs to minimize waste and energy usages, created a culture of sustainability and environmental awareness, and encourage our employees to be environmentally conscious on and off the job.
We maximize our contribution to protecting the environment by focusing internally on green initiatives and aggressively helping our customers meet their environmental objectives.
The ManTech Green Council, which includes representatives from across the company, works to generate, encourage, vet ideas, and establish programs that the entire company can utilize to help protect our environment.
We actively encourage and support:
- Employee carpooling
- Alternative transportation
- Public transportation benefits for employees
- Recycling programs for electronics (printer cartridges, cell phones, monitors)
- Buying environmentally friendly electronics
- Video teleconferencing capabilities to reduce travel
- Recycling programs for paper, aluminum, and plastics
- Incorporating the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards in new and existing buildings