Sentris is a flexible security labeling and access control platform, developed by ManTech for Microsoft Windows environments that require a high degree of data security and confidentiality. Sentris provides end users with easy to use tools to label and secure content using common applications, such as Microsoft Office and Outlook. Sentris is unique in its capability to control access to data based on three criteria:
- Who is accessing the information;
- Where are they located;
- What system are they using.
This innovative approach allows organizations to easily and efficiently manage access to information in complex, high-security environments where traditional access control mechanisms are ineffective and cumbersome. Sentris is designed to meet or exceed the confidentiality requirements specified in Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/3 (DCID) and Joint Air Force Army Navy Manual 6/3 (JAFAN 6/3) for Protection Level 3 (PL3) networks, and is compliant with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53.
ManTech offers commercially-available software licenses and maintenance/support offerings for the Sentris Platform. The Sentris Platform is comprised of the following components:
- Sentris Core Components - Sentris Server, Sentris Labeling for Microsoft Office, and Sentris Protection for Microsoft Exchange
- Sentris Enterprise Services Components - Sentris Protection for Open Text Livelink, Sentris Instant Messaging for Microsoft Office Communications Server
- Sentris Extended Infrastructure Components - Sentris Synchronizer, Sentris External Access Data Providers ManTech offers the Sentris Platform to customers as a packaged solution of perpetual software licenses and annual support subscriptions.
Sentris Platform Packaged Solution Services and Benefits
Customers that license the Sentris Platform and maintain an annual Sentris Platform support subscription are entitled to the following services and benefits from ManTech:
ManTech Sentris Service Desk
The ManTech Sentris Service Desk provides customers with a central point of contact to ask questions, log support cases, and make service requests. The ManTech Sentris Service Desk ensures that customer inquiries are appropriately categorized according to severity level and responded to according to the Sentris Platform Service Level Agreement. The ManTech Service Desk also provides assistance to customers in the following areas:
- Providing first-line support for troubleshooting and resolving issues;
- Coordinating advanced Tier 2/Tier 3 problem resolution with ManTech Sentris engineering and development staff;
- Instructing customers on the proper usage of Sentris Platform features; and
- Distributing Sentris Platform patches and service packs.
The ManTech Sentris Service Desk is staffed from 9 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday and available 24 hours a day via the Internet.
ManTech Sentris Knowledge Base
Available 24 hours a day via the Internet, ManTech provides a self-service knowledge base that provides customers access to known issues and solutions, Sentris Platform documentation, and training resources.
ManTech Sentris Service Packs and Patches
Based upon software defects identified by customers through support cases with the ManTech Service Desk as well as internal processes, ManTech develops periodic patches and service packs for the Sentris Platform.
ManTech Sentris Platform Downloads
Customers with active Sentris Platform support subscriptions are entitled to download supported Sentris Platform releases, service packs, and patches free of additional charge.
Sentris Platform Licenses
ManTech's Sentris Platform is licensed on a perpetual named-user basis. Customers may purchases any number of named licenses subject to a minimal purchase of 100 named-user Licenses. ManTech offers individually negotiated enterprise license agreements for customers that require more than 5,000 named-user licenses.
Sentris Platform Support Subscriptions
ManTech offers customers ongoing production support for the Sentris Platform through annual support subscriptions. Customers have the option to purchase either a "Core" Sentris Platform support subscription or a "Core Plus" Sentris Platform support subscription. Table 2 provides an overview of the Sentris platform components supported under each subscription offering.
Sentris Platform Support Subscription Offerings
||Supported Sentris Platform Components
||Sentris Core Components
||Sentris Core Components
|Sentris Enterprise Services Components
|Sentris Extended Infrastructure Components
There are no additional Sentris Platform license costs associated with Core Plus Sentris Platform Support subscriptions -- customers with active Core Plus support subscriptions are entitled to download, install, and configure the software associated with the Sentris Enterprise Services and Extended Infrastructure Components and receive the same level of support provided for the Sentris Core Components under the Core Sentris Platform support subscription.
Customers receive one year of Sentris Platform support when they purchase a Sentris Platform license/support bundle. Customers must renew their subscription on an annual basis to continue receiving the above-mentioned Sentris Platform support services and benefits from ManTech.
Sentris Development Support
For customers that require development support or wish to implement a small-scale prototype Sentris Platform infrastructure, ManTech offers an annual developer support subscription that entitles customers to the following:
- Licenses to deploy the Sentris Platform for up to 20 users for development/prototype purposes;
- Access to the Sentris software development kit; and the
- Ability to log development-related support cases with the ManTech Sentris Service Desk.
ManTech does not provide any production end-user support under the Sentris developer support subscription.
Sentris Platform Service Level Agreement
Customers with an active Sentris Platform support subscription are provided support under the Sentris Platform Service Level Agreement, which governs the method and number of support cases that customers can open with the ManTech Sentris Service Desk, as well as the initial response times for support cases in each severity level. The severity levels for Sentris Platform support cases are defined as follows:
- Severity One (Urgent): Catastrophic production problem which may severely impact the customer's production systems, or in which customer's production systems are down or not functioning; loss of production data and no procedural work around exists. Severity 1 problems also include issues that result in an emergency condition that cause a serious security breach.
- Severity Two (High): High-impact problem in which the customer's operation is disrupted but there is capacity to remain productive and maintain necessary business-level operations. Severity 2 problems also apply for minor security breach situations.
- Severity Three (Medium): Medium-to-low impact problem which involves partial non-critical functionality loss. One which impairs some operations but allows the customer to continue to function. This may be a minor issue with limited loss or no loss of functionality or impact to the customer's operation and issues in which there is an easy circumvention or avoidance by the end user. This includes documentation errors.
- Severity Four (Low): General usage questions, recommendations for future product enhancements or modifications and to calls that are logged for information purposes. There is no impact on the quality, performance or functionality of the product.
The table below provides an overview of the service provided by the ManTech Sentris Service Desk under the Sentris Platform Service Level Agreement:
Sentris Platform Support Service Level Agreement
|Hours of Coverage
|Number of Cases
| Initial Response Times
|Severity 1 (Urgent)
||2 business hours
|Severity 2 (High)
||1 business day
|Severity 3 (Medium)
||2 business days
|Severity 4 (Low)
||5 business days