Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTechs 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nations most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Principal Cyber Security Analyst, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customers success is driving our growth.
As a Principal Cyber Security Analyst, the tasks will include analyzing all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents; and coordinate with the O&M team to maintain all security monitoring systems are on-line, up to date, and fully operational. In this position, the skills utilized and preferred are most associated with those in SANS SEC503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth.
Provides computer forensic and intrusion analyst support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments. Conduct vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems. Researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. Assists in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Position Requires 7-9 years experience in cyber security analysis, incident response, or related IA/Security experience.
- Demonstrate best-practice knowledge and apply skills to deliver an effective solution specific to project needs,
- Experience in translating business and technical requirements into extensible, scalable and maintainable services and the demonstrated abilities to understand functional and technical specifications
- Monitor intrusion detection and prevention systems and other security event data sources on a 24x7x365 basis. This shall include holidays, weekends, and shift work as determined by the customer
- Determine if security events monitored should be escalated to incidents and follow all applicable incident response and reporting processes and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve, ask questions, and discover why things are happening.
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
- Develop and produce reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues.
- Reporting outputs will be reviewed and approved to ensure quality and metrics are maintained.
- Responsible for tuning and filtering of events and information, creating custom views and content using all available tools following an approved methodology and with approval and concurrence from management.
- Notify the Customer of significant changes in the security threat against the Customer networks in a timely manner and in writing via established reporting methods.
- Provide support for the A/V hotline and appropriately document each call in an existing tracking database for this purpose.
- Coordinate with the O&M team to ensure production systems are operational.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting as required by management.
- Maintain system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring policies in a manner determined and agreed to by management. Ensure changes are made using an approval process agreed to in advance.
- Coordinate with appropriate organizations regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
- Produce reports identifying significant or suspicious security events to appropriate parties. Include latest security threat information and tie back to specific intrusion sets of nation state actors when possible.
- Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate group
- Must possess an active Top Secret (TS) clearance to be considered
- Bachelors Degree/Equivalency
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.