<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = "O" />ManTech is seeking experienced and skilled professionals to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist the Customs Border Protection to effectively and efficiently identifying cargo, individuals and conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States; conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats; develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations; and coordinate and enhance analysis and targeting efforts.
The Senior Data Scientist/Database Architect will:
· Mine and analyze databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, analytics techniques and business strategies.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
· Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
· Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experience.
· Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
· As industry and market expert, develops and drives large, multiple and/or highly complex business solutions for targeted/assigned customers. Provides in-depth solutions architecture capability based on specific customer's business needs. Oversees holistic solutions from both business and technical perspective, taking into account all realities and constraints such as costs, contract terms, business conditions and the technical environment of the client.
· Provides leadership and strategic guidance with pursuit teams during the solution development process to ensure alignment with overall company sales and client business strategy. Develops high-level technical operating strategies and solutions, and benefits. Analyzes stakeholders, identifies and recognizes prospect traits and determines how to effectively influence their decision.
· Delivers and sells the technical solution strategy and vision to senior client executives ensuring the solution embodies company win themes and key differentiators while meeting client expectations and requirements thereby providing company the best chance to compete and win.
· Mentors and provides technical expertise to less experienced solutions architects and other IT personnel.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CBP/BI CLEARANCE. POTENTIAL TO BE SPONSORED FOR A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
· The candidate should have experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, hold a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
· 5-8 years of demonstrated Technical PM experience. This candidate will oversee work milestones (end to end).
· Ability to lead and work in a team environment
· Strong consulting and communication skills to communicate with customers, and functional staff
· Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
· Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
· Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
· Experience working with and creating data architectures.
· Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
· A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
· Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Impala, etc.
· Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods and data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve busines outcomes. Location: Dependent on Customer direction in Alexandria, VA or Herndon, VA or Sterling, VA.