Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTechs 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nations most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Senior Oracle Database Administrator, in the Clarksburg, WV area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The FSS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customers success is driving our growth.
Operates at the system level and has learned skills that will apply across the full system life cycle from requirements through database design and implementation. Is trained in system design and development skill as well as database-related skills. The Database Engineers focus is database-centric, based on the understanding that the heart of every information system is the database, but with a solid view of how the database integrates and operates with other system components. Skills include defining data and database requirements, defining database design alternatives, designing logical data models, and designing physical databases.May be a skilled DBA, as is often the case, but in all cases understands advanced database concepts such as replication or parallel operations and knows when, from a system perspective, to apply them as part of the engineered solution. Will set up and test different design scenarios (or to direct these activities) early in the system development life cycle as part of the process of validating the suitability of proposed design alternatives. Test scenarios must generate sufficient performance data to support database design decisions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide all activities related to the administration of large scale Oracle databases
- Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function
- Design, create and maintain databases in a client/server environment
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases
- Designs, implements and maintains complex databases, access methods, access time, devise allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred and eight or more years of experience
- Experience loading database associated COTS products, and configuring and optimizing Oracle databases
- Possess knowledge of performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of the assigned systems
- Possess leadership experience to assure appropriate changes, upgrades, and enhancements are made based on the technical analysis
- Knowledge of Oracle database products and baselines
- Experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) is preferred
- Knowledge of the COTS products (like RedHat Linux, HP Operations Manager) for the specified system/service
- Certifications in database systems and other COTS products are desired but not required.
- Active Top Secret Clearance Required
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.