February 28, 2018: ManTech International Corporation® is pleased to announce the release of Document Detective v5.0.
Document Detective is an interactive, desktop application for reviewing and sanitizing electronic documents. It meets the intent of the Government's "100% reliable human review" criteria for transferring electronic files across security boundaries in their native format. The process of transferring a file from higher to lower classified network or domain is typically called an Assured File Transfer (AFT). Document Detective is also effective to identify and mitigate Insider Threat signatures in electronic documents.
Using multiple tools including keyword search, object and image inspection, optical character recognition (OCR) and a proven sanitization process, Document Detective reveals sensitive information that may be missed without a deep and careful review. It also provides Flatten Document functionality to assist in the cleanup of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in order to address vulnerabilities in those file types specifically.
ManTech International Corporation provides Instructor-Led Certification Training for Document Detective. Individuals or groups charged with protecting data are strongly encouraged to attend a formal Instructor-Led Training session to ensure that Data Transfer Agents (DTAs) are certified in the use of Document Detective. The certification provides fundamental understanding of the product capabilities, as well as how users and organizations can leverage the product to provide a record of action should the threat of a spill arise in the future.
For pricing and more information, please visit the Document Detective website.
Document Detective 5.0 Features
- Office 2016 support and backward compatibility for systems running Office 2013 or Office 2010
- Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 support
- Streamlined and improved user experience
- All tools now available from a single executable: Core file sanitization capability, keyword editor, Batch Scanner, configuration settings editor, and log viewer
- Improved processing speed, including multiple processor/core support
- Improved object tests, each with more robust object test competency validation
- Improved error handling
- Built-in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) using Tesseract
- Improved Keyword Search engine using dtSearch
- Improved installer and more robust licensing strategy
- Improved progress reporting with multiple progress bar dialogs
- New Image Carousel simplifies working with graphics
- Increased user control of target document during sanitization process
- New, application-level User Profiles and User Roles: Data Transfer Agent, Peer Reviewer, Approver, and Administrator
- New, Keyword List assignment capability lets Administrators more tightly control access to Keyword Lists through the application
- System requirements: Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 with Office 2010, 2013 or 2016 installed
ManTech International Corporation provides instructor-led certification training for Document Detective. Individuals or groups charged with protecting data are strongly encouraged to attend a formal instructor-led training session to ensure that Data Transfer Agents (DTAs) are certified in the use of Document Detective. The certification provides fundamental understanding of the product capabilities, as well as how users and organizations can leverage the product to provide a record of action should the threat of a spill arise in the future. From an organizational level, having DTAs certified is one additional step in risk mitigation and helps to show that an organization is doing everything possible to protect data.
The Document Detective Customer Portal has user tips, best practices, troubleshooting and support ticket submission.
How to Purchase
Point of Contact
Ted Kula, Product Manager