May 1, 2020: ManTech International Corporation® is pleased to announce the release of Document Detective v5.2.
Document Detective is an interactive, desktop application for reviewing and sanitizing electronic documents. It meets the intent of the Government's "100% reliable human review" criteria for transferring electronic files across security boundaries in their native format. The process of transferring a file from higher to lower classified network or domain is typically called an Assured File Transfer (AFT). Document Detective is also effective to identify and mitigate Insider Threat signatures in electronic documents.
Using various tools including keyword search, optical character recognition (OCR), and Microsoft's Office Application Programming Interface (API), Document Detective reveals sensitive information that may be missed without a deep and careful review. It also provides a Flatten Document functionality to assist in the cleanup of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in order to address vulnerabilities in those file types specifically.
Document Detective 5.2 Features
- Office 2019 (Desktop Version) support and backward compatibility for systems running Office 2016
- Windows 10 support
- Streamlined and improved user experience
- All tools now available from a single executable: Core file sanitization capability, keyword editor, Batch Scanner, configuration settings editor, and log viewer
- Improved processing speed, including multiple processor/core support
- Improved object tests, each with more robust object test competency validation
- Improved error handling
- Built-in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) using Tesseract
- Improved Keyword Search engine using dtSearch
- Improved installer and more robust licensing strategy
- Improved progress reporting with multiple progress bar dialogs
- New Image Carousel simplifies working with graphics
- Increased user control of target document during sanitization process
- Application-level User Access Profiles and User Roles: Data Transfer Agent, Peer Reviewer, Approver, and Administrator
- Keyword List assignment capability lets Administrators more tightly control access to Keyword Lists through the application
- System requirements: Windows 10 (32- or 64-bit) with Office 2019 or 2016 (32- or 64-bit) installed
- Integrated Visual C++ redistributable package into the Document Detective installer
ManTech International Corporation provides Instructor-Led Certification Training for Document Detective. Individuals or groups charged with protecting data are encouraged strongly to attend a formal instructor-led training session in order to ensure that Data Transfer Agents (DTAs) are certified in the use of Document Detective. Certification training provides fundamental instruction in the product’s capabilities as well as an understanding of essential Assured File Transfer (AFT) concepts. This includes information on how users and organizations can leverage the product to provide a record of action should the threat of a spill arise in the future. Training provides stakeholders with the opportunity to learn file sanitization best practices and to show proficiency by becoming certified in Document Detective. From an organizational level, having individuals certified is one additional step in risk mitigation and helps to show that an organization is doing everything possible to protect data.
For more information on training, locations and schedules, contact SMP Support at [email protected].
For many years, we’ve used the Document Detective Support email inbox to intake support requests and have tracked them through a separate system. In an effort to streamline the support process and provide enhanced tracking, improved triage and better response times, we have transitioned our support intake to the SMP Support portal powered by ZenDesk as of May 1, 2020. Support requests - including licensing requests - should be submitted directly through this portal at . Any and all communication regarding the support request will take place in this portal. The portal houses our Documentation and Knowledge Base articles, providing you an opportunity of self-service support in answering any installation or configuration related questions you may have.
The Document Detective Customer Portal has been retired as of May 1, 2020. Going forward, the Document Detective software will be available to registered users on the new Document Detective Portal at https://sentrisportal.mantech.com/docdetective.
How to Purchase
To purchase Document Detective software, or for any sales inquiries please contact us at [email protected]
For Document Detective license pricing and more information, please visit the Products Price Schedule
For Document Detective training pricing and more information, please visit the Training Price Schedule
Points of Contact
Sales: [email protected]
Registered Users: https://mantech-smp.zendesk.com