Cybersecurity Registered Apprenticeship Program
|This year, ManTech is committed to participating in
an exciting new opportunity to advance employees’
competencies, fund college-level instruction, and create a
trained workforce of cybersecurity professionals through
Purdue University Global’s Cybersecurity Registered
Apprenticeship program. Through our existing partnership
with Purdue Global, we have developed several education
initiatives to grow employees’ capabilities and careers.
Participation in this apprenticeship program provides an
additional avenue to enhance career mobility for existing
employees and develop a pipeline of new employees within
the cybersecurity space to serve our nation’s security needs.
|Purdue Global’s apprenticeship program is registered with
and approved by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) as
a cybersecurity support technician program — a national
By onboarding apprentices into this program, ManTech is
leading the industry in providing innovative solutions to
meet critical cybersecurity needs.
As part of this project we will:
• Consider employee apprentices who can satisfy contract
requirements for available national security positions
• Upon hire, fund training through ManTech’s existing
agreement with Purdue Global.
Benefits for ManTech Customers
- Formal Registered Apprenticeship program approved by the DOL
- Customized to fit company and customer needs
- Focus on veterans as apprentice candidates
- Apprentices receive reduced salary plus payment of tuition (through our partnership with Purdue Global)
- Apprentices receive education, on-the-job training, and certification preparation simultaneously
- Hiring apprentices is similar to hiring interns
- ManTech hiring processes and guidelines will be followed
- Probationary period and 1-year performance gate (per DOL rules) for apprentice
Benefits for Apprentices
- Learn on-the-job skills while being paid, with pay increases as proficiency grows
- Receive employer-paid salary and cost of apprenticeship education fees
- Earn DOL apprenticeship certification* plus a Purdue Global associate’s and/or bachelor’s degree, along with the opportunity to sit for critical industry-recognized certification exams†
- Basic — Level 1
- Upon successful completion, apprentices may receive an associate’s degree
- Apprentices will be academically prepared to sit for the following certification exams: CompTia Network+, CompTia Cloud+, CompTia Linux+ or LPIC-1, CompTia Security+, and CCNA Routing & Switching
- Intermediate — Level 2
- Upon successful completion, apprentices may receive a bachelor’s degree
- Dependent on track, apprentices will be academically prepared to sit for the following certification exams: Linux System Administrator I and II, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and others
*This certification alone does not qualify an apprentice in any of the DOD 8140 categories, although several of the DOD 8140 certificates will be earned throughout the apprenticeship.
†Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. Purdue University Global cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
For More Information about the ManTech/Purdue University Global partnership, go to ManTech.PurdueGlobal.edu
Stephanie Flory, Workforce Development & Technical Training Manager [email protected]